I know, there is an App for everything these days! I have decided to post some Apps that I think might be of interest to you when I come across them. This list is from the October/November issue of AARP magazine-yes, I am old enough to receive AARP and I have found some great ideas in it. Hope these are useful for you!
- Helps you learn if you can get a better deal elsewhere on almost everything.
- How it works: You scan the barcode of an item, and the app shoots back prices from competing stores and online merchants. See a better price? Use the app to buy the item, and some stores will have it waiting when you arrive. Bonus trick: Scan a books bar code and the app finds nearby libraries with a copy.
- Organizes online shopping e mail such as order confirmations and shipping information.
- How it works: You provide up to 5 addresses where you get e mail and the app sorts through your in boxes to gather and organize all your shopping related messages, including receipts for online prucahses and vouchers from daily deal sites.
- Helps you seach for and then redeem coupons.
- How it works: You browse for online or printable coupons by retailer or product type either on CouponSherpa.com or via the mobile app. Take printable coupons to the store the old fashioned way- for mobile coupons just show your phone to the cashier to get the savings.
- Makes sure you always have your loyalty card data on hand at the check out.
- How it works: You scan your loyalty cards with your smartphone, then put them away. When you pay for something in a store, the cashier scans your smartphone screen to get your loyality account information. You can also use the app to sign up for other loyality programs.
All information provided by Jean Chatzy from AARP October/November 2012 issue Money section.